The RePlanter Solution
Many utilities are dependent on petroleum based fuels to fire their generators. These utilities have older generating plants as well as newer simple and combined cycle generators without access to natural gas or LNG and therefore utilize imported fuels such as low-sulfur diesel, naphtha and HFO. As the price of oil has climbed inexorably higher, both the utilities and their ratepayers have suffered from the effects of high fuel prices, higher rates and price volatility. The landed cost of fuel, in many cases, is greater than $25 per mmbtu. RePlanter's solution is to produce syngas from locally produced biomass that is compatible with existing power plant equipment. Utilizing proven technology, RePlanter is able to produce and deliver syngas to existing power plants at a lower price than current fuel sources. Utilities are able to replace expensive imported fossil fuel, with a cheaper locally produced renewable fuel thus reducing fuel costs and utility rates, eliminating a drain on foreign exchange, revitalizing local agricultural production and creating jobs – without new utility capital investment.
Benefits of the RePlanter Solution
A Replanter project would:
- Provide a reduction in utility fuel costs and permit lower utility rates
- Replace 15 million gallons of fossil fuel annually with renewable fuel, potentially saving the local economy $45 million per year in foreign exchange outflows
- Replace dirty petroleum fuels, with clean locally produced renewable fuels.
- Reduce air pollution from existing utility power plants and from field burning of agricultural waste
- Save and create 250 long-term local jobs in forestry, agriculture, fuel and ash handling and plant operations and 150 jobs during construction